Re: level 1 core - hc_nodecloneattributescopied fails

From: Andrew Clover <and-w3@doxdesk.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2004 02:40:10 +0100
To: www-dom-ts@w3.org

Kasimier Buchcik <kbuchcik@4commerce.de> wrote:

> This test fails the assertion of equality on my side, since the first
> attribute name is "title" and the first collection item has a value of
> "class".

Yes, that's why 'expected' is of type Collection rather than List. When
compared with a Collection, order is irrelevant.

(This was the assumption I made for the Python test runner, anyway - I
haven't seen any definitive TSML docs on this.)

> I guess that cloning of an element does not imply any change of
> the position of the attributes

Attributes do not have a position (fixed ordering) in the DOM spec in
any case, so it would be acceptable (if not generally likely) for an
implementation to return different item(0) values for a NamedNodeMap and
its clone.

> I just started to change the test-to-java stylesheet to produce Delphi code

Phew! That sounds fun! ;-) Let us know how you get on...

--
Andrew Clover
mailto:and@doxdesk.com