Re: whatToShow

From: Curt Arnold <carnold@houston.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 09:45:33 -0600
To: www-dom-ts@w3.org

Jeroen van Rotterdam wrote:
> In interface DOMBuilderFilter
>
>      readonly attribute unsigned long   whatToShow;
>
>      <whatToShow interface="DOMBuilderFilter">
>         <return value="SHOW_ELEMENT"/>
>      </whatToShow>
>
> still delivers a
>
>      public void setWhatToShow() {
>      }
>

> instead of a getter in test-to-java.xsl.
> The dtd is ok now but the stylesheet not.

Actually, it was the other way around.  The generated schema and
transform expected the accessor to be written as:

<whatToShow>
      <get>
           <return value="SHOW_ELEMENT"/>
      </get>
</whatToShow>

The DTD's content model wasn't in synch with the schema.  I've modified
dom-to-dtd.xsl to change the content model of user-implemented
properties.  The interface attribute should only be specified when
calling whatToShow, it would cause the schema validation to fail.

I also reworked the generation of exception code elements
(<NO_MODIFICATION_ALLOWED_ERR>) and the like in the DTD so that
identically named codes in different interfaces only produce one element
with a combined content model.  This should enable using the
dom3-ls-validate-tests target to validate the tests against the dom3.dtd.

p.s. I also modified dom2-combine.xsl to add a few missing exceptions
from the errata list to allow dom2-core-validate-tests to pass all tests.