Re: casting to a short

From: Curt Arnold <carnold@houston.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 23:55:20 -0600
To: "Mary Brady" <mbrady@nist.gov>, <www-dom-ts@w3.org>

I believe that the transform just assumes that whatever you put in for a
literal can be directly copied into the Java source and that it only
generates cast operators when there is a mismatch between a variable type
and parameter type.  Introducing a variable to hold the mode value would
probably result in the proper code being generated since assignment of a
integer literal to a short does not need an explicit cast and if the
variable is is typed as an int, it would trigger the existing casting logic.
It is a bit of a kludge, but it might keep Jeroen rolling until I can look
at modifying the transform.  I don't think it is anything L3 specific, just
there are very few places in the Java binding where short parameters are
used.