Re: DOM Level 3 LS test results

Curt Arnold <carnold@houston.rr.com> wrote:

> Does the terminal whitespace cause the test to fail?

Yes, because the next-sibling-of-next-sibling tested is whitespace. (Similarly
another test uses a previous-sibling test to check INSERT_BEFORE.)

> I think I know a way that this test could be done on Java without having
> an external resource.  Pretty complicated, so it isn't going to be on
> the top of my list until I just need a challenge. [...]

Ouch. Yeah, that seems a bit excessive!

I don't think an external resource is necessarily such a bad thing, if made
available on a known server and optional (so one could still use localhost
instead if the external server were not contactable).

> Cool.  Hopefully, it didn't overwrite your home page.

Heh. (No, I haven't got a proper HTTP PUT server hanging around, so I just
hacked up a trivial CGI to respond 201 to any request.)

> SystemId1 attempts to write to a file: URL.  I think it
> represents a reasonable expectation, but might overreach what is
> actually in the spec.

I think this is more than reasonable, yes.

> If don't have priviledges to write a temporary file, SystemId1 can fail.

It could perhaps be the test runtime's responsibility to check that
a createTempSomethingURI refers to a resource that can successfully be
written to before calling the tested implementation.

> I'd would like it if the names could be synchronized that is renaming
> nodeArg to n

Me too. I guess no project in the world other than TS actually depends on
the exact argument names given in the spec, but this is still desirable
from a consistency point of view.

(Currently I've had to special-case the TSML interpreter for acceptNode,
as well as XPath's evaluate.)

--
Andrew Clover
mailto:and@doxdesk.com