Re: Minutes from telcon 20020920

From: David Faure <david@mandrakesoft.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 17:58:25 +0200 (CEST)
To: Dimitris Dimitriadis <dimitris@ontologicon.com>
cc: <www-dom-ts@w3.org>

Hello,

thanks for the minutes of the telephone conference.
I didn't know it would include specific discussion on specific tests...
If possible I'd like to be part of the next telephone conference then.

For now I would like to comment on the following issue:

> 17. file:///C:/cygwin/home/Administrator/2001/DOM-Test-Suite/build/level2/html/ecmascript/tests/HTMLPreElement01.ht
>
> Comment: The width attribute specifies the fixed width for
> content. Retrieve the width attribute and examine it's value.
>
> Johnny: The spec says pre.width is an unsigned long, but IE returns it
> as a string???
>
> "widthLink"
> Expected 277 (number) but was 277 (string)
>
> Johnny: I'm happy be to say that this should get back to a string even
> if it doesn't make sense... Netscape didn't expose the pre in NS3.
>
> -> change

Does this mean you are going to change the test to match IE's broken
behaviour?
Both Mozilla and Konqueror return it as a number, as the spec says.
Shouldn't this be flagged as an IE bug instead?
[I don't understand the comment about NS3...]

For the rest I'm happy to see that IE has more failures on the test
than the current Konqueror (down to 31 failures right now, and still
working on it) :-)

Thanks,
David.