DOM2-HTML in Konqueror - status update

From: David Faure <david@mandrakesoft.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 20:43:22 +0200
To: "Curt Arnold" <carnold@houston.rr.com>
Cc: <www-dom-ts@w3.org>

Thanks for the pre-generated tarball with the DOM2-HTML test suite.

It allowed me to fix many bugs in Konqueror/KHTML, and the test suite
finally runs in it.
The tarball lacked a few images like ecmascript/tests/pix/line.gif
and ecmascript/tests/pix/logo.gif

For info, I fixed the following bugs in Konqueror:

Bugs fixed in Konqueror, to get the framework to work:
- - Removed wrong code that looked up properties in parent frameset
- - Adding <option> to a <select> in another frame

Bugs fixed in Konqueror, to fix individual tests:
- - The rows collection for a table returned wrong elements
- - namedItem('dontexist') returned Undefined instead of Null.

There are more individual tests to investigate and fix (and there's a problem
with the Java applet not being found at all, probably some codebase path
bug in Konqueror).
But on the whole, this is working great, and helps us fixing many bugs
in KHTML. Thanks a lot for this great test suite!

- --
Get the latest KOffice - http://download.kde.org/stable/koffice-1.2/
Version: GnuPG v1.0.7 (GNU/Linux)