Re: [Process] Action items proposal to start using the issue tracker ot Sourceforge

On Tuesday 17 September 2002 06:28, Curt Arnold wrote:
> No current activity.  Will participate in conference call barring unforseen
> conflicts.
>
> I have been disappointed not to hear anything else from David Faure from
> MandrakeSoft.  It would be nice to get Konqueror running the test suite, but
> there is something (probably simple) that was blocking my earlier attempts
> to run JsUnit.

Yes it's still on my TODO list to try with saxon instead of xalan ...
But note that the complexity of the build process for the test suite doesn't
really help. I have to spend much time debugging Java problems (which I
don't know much about), when all I want to do is test the Javascript in Konqueror.
Why not make the generated tests available somewhere? It would be of
much help if someone could send me a 'built' tarball, with all the tests
ready to run.

I'm also waiting for input from the JSUnit developers, I have reported
problems to them (including a testcase of what JSUnit relies on,
which doesn't seem to work in any browser? Strange).

Does anyone know when exactly the onload event for iframes is supposed
to be emitted? In the testcase below, some browsers (Mozilla IIRC) don't emit it at all,
some others (IE, IIRC) emit it only during the initial loading of the page...
but JSUnit relies on it being emitted when load() is called (i.e. when
the iframe loads some new contents).

  <head>
<script language="JavaScript">

  function load(uri)
  {
    window.frames.documentBuffer.document.location.href = uri;
  }

  function loadComplete()
  {
    alert("loadComplete");
  }

</script>
</head>
        <neutered_iframe name="documentBuffer" onload="loadComplete()"></iframe>

- --
http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~david/
Get the latest KOffice - http://download.kde.org/stable/koffice-1.2/