section ordering and HTMLTableElement31 (Re: DOM Level 2 HTML Tests results)

On Tue, 2002-11-26 at 16:29, David Faure wrote:
> Most of the failing table tests are due to the section reordering issue. I sent
> a mail to this list about it, but it remained unanswered. The subject line was
> "Order of table sections". I would be glad if this could trigger some discussion :)

Looking at [1], it appeared that this issue was closed at:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-dom/2002OctDec/0044.html
It seemed like Mozilla and IE are following the same behavior here.
(In case this issue needs a follow-up, I set the reply-to www-dom@w3.org
given that this is an issue on the draft, and not the test suite).

> I feel that relying on the browser's internal ordering of the table sections
> in the DOM tree is wrong.
>
> I also mailed a fix for HTMLTableElement31, which hasn't been applied.
> Re-posting below.
>
> =====================
>
> HTMLTableElement31 says it will create a new table and append it to the
> document. However it instead creates a table and tries to insert it into
> another (empty) table. This is apparently forbidden, per the DOM/HTML
> spec.
>
> This isn't what the test says it will do, so I think it's a bug in the
> test. What about this fix for it?

Yep, this is a bug. I fixed the CVS version. Konqueror is down to 20 now
:) I'll regenerate and run again the entire test suite once Dimitris is
done with the IBM tests.

Philippe

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-dom-ts/2002Sep/0047.html