W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-dom-ts@w3.org > May 2002

Re: various build failures for the dom-ts

From: Michael B. Allen <miallen@eskimo.com>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 16:07:57 -0400 (EDT)
To: "Arnold, Curt" <Curt.Arnold@hyprotech.com>
Cc: www-dom-ts@w3.org
Message-Id: <20020517160658.0d1d47a8.miallen@eskimo.com>
On Fri, 17 May 2002 09:31:30 -0600
"Arnold, Curt" <Curt.Arnold@hyprotech.com> wrote:

> Michael B. Allen wrote: 
> 
> >I think this is a problem with Ant's XSLT Task. Someone is not closing
> >file descriptors explicitly and resources pressure pushes the problem to
> >the point where more files cannot be opened. Someone 
> >needs to get on that
> >mailing list and look at that source but I'm just not up to it right
> > now.
> 
> Thanks for the analysis.  I'll take a look at the Ant source and see if I
> see anything obvious.  The timing would be good as Ant is on a beta cycle to
> a 1.5 release.

First, sorry for the duplicate message. I *thought* I sent this mail
message but I didn't see it after almost a day. I think my ISP is
having issues.

Regarding this problem, I don't have any hard evidence that it's Ant
but when I ran into this problem I built each domts case independently
with a simple shell script for j in loop. It took 15 minutes but it
worked. So there's nothing particularly twisted about any one xml
test case. It's just when Ant is brought into the fray that there
are problems.  At the very least there would probably be a way to free
resources more agressively.  The Ant task could totally reinitialize
the XSLT processor at every opportunity. If that worked without seeing
anything obviously wrong with that task that's pretty good evidence to
take to the Xalan people.

Mike

-- 
May The Source be with you.
Received on Saturday, 18 May 2002 20:29:29 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 6 April 2009 12:58:46 GMT