Re: [Recap] Issues

Comments inlined.
--Mary

----- Original Message -----
From: "Curt Arnold" <carnold@houston.rr.com>
To: <www-dom-ts@w3.org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 27, 2002 3:44 AM
Subject: Re: [Recap] Issues

> > 2. Manos worked on (X)HTML, has this been further investigated?
>
> Mary was proceding with recasting the existing L1 Core tests based on my
> transliteration approach.  Manos's work was not directly applicable to
> providing HTML (not X) tests that were equivalent to the existing XML
tests.

[mb] Yes -- I'm still working on this -- got sidetracked by a broken network
interface
on my laptop.  My intent is to use Curt's files, and I've converted a
handful
of tests already.  We may at a later date be able to switch to the Manos
approach for xhtml and xml, but as Curt points out, it was not applicable
to HTML.

> > Level 2/3
> > 1. Following X-Hive's intent to write tests, we said we would generate
> > the DOM TS ML for levels 2 & 3. This would greatly simplify for
> > companies looking into writing tests for current implementations.
>

> DOM L2 schemas have been available for quite some time.

[mb] And in fact, Rick has been using them quite successfully.  Maybe
we should make it clear that they are available -- I'd hate to think
that folks are willing to write tests for L2 and this is stopping them!

> I've committed changes to build.xml, dom-to-xsd.xsl and corresponding
> patches that allow building a DOM L3 schema.  There are still some rough
> edges, I've posted a hand finished copy of a dom3.xsd and a modified
version
> of Jeroen's sample L/S test to http://home.houston.rr.com/curta/dom3.ZIP
>
> There are still a few issues, I haven't reworked the keys and keyrefs to
> account for anonymous inner classes, so you will get spurious keyref
> constraint validations when accessing variables defined in anonymous inner
> classes.  There are several interfaces missing, CDATASection and Entity,
for
> example, not sure why they disappeared.  Text is still DOM L2 since the
XML