EntityValueReplacement for HTML-Compatilble test

From: Curt Arnold <carnold@houston.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 10:36:56 -0600
To: <www-dom-ts@w3.org>
I believe that it should be a two character string containing "Y" and "\u03B1".  Since HTML does not provide a mechanism for defining entities other than parameter entities, I mapped ent1 to alpha, ent2 to beta, etc which are predefined for HTML and can be defined for XML.

The use of non-ASCII characters might make things interesting when generating code for older languages.  The Java tasks should generate and compile UTF-8 encoded documents, so you could use "Y&#945;", "Y&#x03B1;",  or "Y\u03B1" for the value of the expected attribute and get consistent results.  I'd lean toward "Y\u03B1" since it might make generating code for languages that only support source code in ASCII a little easier.

What are the existing baseline XML processors reporting when they fail the test as originally written?