Re: Issues brought up in the DOM WG and general principles for the future

My  opinion is we should only  accept submitted tests in the XML DOMTS
format.  If there are binding-specific things, then this should be
accomodated using that format.  I do not feel  that the potential for
getting more tests in a particular language outweighs the advantage in
getting all of  them in a platform-neutral way.

Were the current guidelines  not strict, the anticipated Netscape
contributions would not be language-neutral.  If the  tests were  not
language-neutral, and some tests were submitted that did not apply to
the platform I work on, my incentive to care about  the correctness of
the tests would diminish, which I believe would result in a lower quality.

On the other hand, Netscape would have loved to just dump all its tests
into someone else's hands and not worry  so much about format or quality.

Ray Whitmer
rayw@netscape.com