Start of HTML test loader

From: Curt Arnold <carnold@houston.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 08:32:32 -0600
To: <www-dom-ts@w3.org>
I've slowly started working on a transform to produce a HTML test runner that should support asynch loading without the alert() hack and run on more browsers than JSUnit.  I've committed transforms\test-to-browser.xsl and added a "dom1-core-browser" target to build.xml that produces an (currently non-functional) HTML test runner.  To keep build time down, build.xml currently applies this transform to one test and not to alltests.xml.

Next steps:

Rework DOMTestCase.js so that the class and method names are more generic (for example, WindowOpenDocumentLoader instead of MozHTMLDocumentLoader).

Modify test-to-ecmascript to add a method to test classes that will declare the files that are loaded by the test.  This info will be used to ensure that the document cache has the necessary documents already loaded before starting the body of the test.

Whole lot of ECMAScript in test-to-browser.xsl (or an external .js file) to run tests, produce output page and provide xUnit assert calls.

Any great name ideas for what we should call this?