W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-dom-ts@w3.org > June 2002

Re: Demo DOM Core 1, DOM Core 2, DOM HTML 2 TS using jsUnit 1.3.0

From: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
Date: 27 Jun 2002 15:03:54 -0400
To: Robert Clary <bclary@netscape.com>
Cc: Rick Rivello <richard.rivello@nist.gov>, www-dom-ts@w3.org
Message-Id: <1025204634.12160.58.camel@jfouffa>
On Thu, 2002-06-27 at 13:05, Robert Clary wrote:
> Be sure you are running the DOM HTML 2 tests as text/html. My 
> comparisons on a local webserver show on a PIII 700/Win2k box:
> 
> 
> IE6       [214 seconds, text/html], [1238 seconds, text/xml]
> Moz 1.0.1 [834 seconds, text/html], [1124 seconds, text/xml]

I tried to run Bob's tests on my Windows XP and didn't have lots of
success unfortunately.

I wasn't able to try with Mozilla 1.0.1 but both Mozilla 1.0 and 1.1
didn't run the tests.

IE6 becomes unstable when running the tests for Core (it crashed after 2
or 3 retries) but I managed to obtain a result for DOM level 2 HTML (see
attachment). That is interesting data for the WG since it shows that
some types in IE6 don't match the ones in the CR of DOM level 2 HTML.
There are some uppercase/lowercase issue as well and some of them are
probably errors in the tests themselves. A tagName will "BODY" if the
document was HTML 4, and "body" if the document was XHTML 1. If someone
has the output results from Mozilla 1.0.1, I'd like to have a look at
them.
Curt mentioned that createHTMLDocument and contentDocument tests were
missing so I started to work on them. I have 2 for createHTMLDocument
but are not able to test them for the moment unfortunately.

Philippe



Received on Thursday, 27 June 2002 15:03:59 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:34:05 UTC