Re: Running DOM L2 HTML on IE and Mozilla

> Hard to see the future is.
>
> There are still a large number of DOM L1 and L2 HTML tests failures
> against the Xerces-J implementation that have not been investigated.
>  Rick Rivello was looking into that earlier in the month, but has not
> reported anything since the 6th.  It would be very helpful if any
> additional analysis of the test failures could be provided and errors in
> the tests corrected.

I've been committing changes to the HTML tests(49 errors/40 failures) by Curt on June 4th.
Sorry I haven't kept the group informed of the changes.

I am down to 7 errors and 36 failures.  Below is a hacked list of the errors/failures.

The 7 errors reported are all nullPointer exceptions.

HTMLTableElement01 for example tests the caption attribute.
I get the CAPTION element and then try to get the align attribute value.
Is the test wrong to assume that the CAPTION element can be acted on?
Could someone please take a look at this test.

There are eight tests HTMLHeadingElement01, HTMLHeadingElement02, HTMLHeadingElement03,
HTMLHeadingElement04, HTMLHeadingElement05, HTMLHeadingElement06, HTMLTableElement20
and HTMLTableElement23 that test the align attribute.  The tests look valid to me.  I think Xerces is having
a problem with the align attribute.

The 3 TextArea tests HTMLTextAreaElement01, HTMLTextAreaElement02, HTMLTextArea03 also
look valid to me.  Again I think Xerces is having a problem.

HTMLElement01, HTMLElement30, HTMLElement59, HTMLElement88 and HTMLElement117
test for the id, title, lang, dir and className attributes on the HEAD element.  I see these as
valid tests.

I also see the the following tests as valid.
Note: The tests run successfully on IE6.
HTMLAppletElement07, HTMLAreaElement05, HTMLInputElement01, HTMLInputElement02,
HTMLOptionElement03, HTMLOptionElement08, HTMLSelectElement01, HTMLSelectElement04.
HTMLTableElement21, HTMLTableElement24, HTMLTableElement26, HTMLTableElement27,
HTMLTableElement30, HTMLTableRowElement01

1) http://www.w3.org/2001/DOM-Test-Suite/level1/html/HTMLCollection02
java.lang.NullPointerException

2) http://www.w3.org/2001/DOM-Test-Suite/level1/html/HTMLCollection10
java.lang.NullPointerException

3) http://www.w3.org/2001/DOM-Test-Suite/level1/html/HTMLTableElement01
java.lang.NullPointerException

4) http://www.w3.org/2001/DOM-Test-Suite/level1/html/HTMLTableElement03
java.lang.NullPointerException

5) http://www.w3.org/2001/DOM-Test-Suite/level1/html/HTMLTableElement05
java.lang.NullPointerException

6) http://www.w3.org/2001/DOM-Test-Suite/level1/html/HTMLTableElement28
java.lang.NullPointerException

7) http://www.w3.org/2001/DOM-Test-Suite/level1/html/HTMLTableElement31
java.lang.NullPointerException

1) http://www.w3.org/2001/DOM-Test-Suite/level1/html/HTMLAppletElement07
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: hspaceLink expected:<0> but was:<6>

2) http://www.w3.org/2001/DOM-Test-Suite/level1/html/HTMLAreaElement05
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: noHrefLink expected:<false> but was:<true>

3) http://www.w3.org/2001/DOM-Test-Suite/level1/html/HTMLCollection03
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: nameIndexLink expected:<SELECT> but was:<select>

4) http://www.w3.org/2001/DOM-Test-Suite/level1/html/HTMLCollection11
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: nameIndexLink expected:<SELECT> but was:<select>

5) http://www.w3.org/2001/DOM-Test-Suite/level1/html/HTMLDocument02
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: referrerLink expected:<> but was:<null>

6) http://www.w3.org/2001/DOM-Test-Suite/level1/html/HTMLDocument04
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: URLLink

7) http://www.w3.org/2001/DOM-Test-Suite/level1/html/HTMLDocument12
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: cookieLink expected:<> but was:<null>

8) http://www.w3.org/2001/DOM-Test-Suite/level1/html/HTMLElement01
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: idLink expected:<Test-HEAD> but was:<>

9) http://www.w3.org/2001/DOM-Test-Suite/level1/html/HTMLElement30
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: titleLink expected:<HEAD Element> but was:<>

10) http://www.w3.org/2001/DOM-Test-Suite/level1/html/HTMLElement59
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: langLink expected:<en> but was:<>

11) http://www.w3.org/2001/DOM-Test-Suite/level1/html/HTMLElement88
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: dirLink expected:<ltr> but was:<>

12) http://www.w3.org/2001/DOM-Test-Suite/level1/html/HTMLElement117
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: classNameLink expected:<HEAD-class> but was:<>

13) http://www.w3.org/2001/DOM-Test-Suite/level1/html/HTMLHeadingElement01
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: alignLink expected:<center> but was:<align>

14) http://www.w3.org/2001/DOM-Test-Suite/level1/html/HTMLHeadingElement02
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: alignLink expected:<left> but was:<align>

15) http://www.w3.org/2001/DOM-Test-Suite/level1/html/HTMLHeadingElement03
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: alignLink expected:<right> but was:<align>

16) http://www.w3.org/2001/DOM-Test-Suite/level1/html/HTMLHeadingElement04
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: alignLink expected:<justify> but was:<align>

17) http://www.w3.org/2001/DOM-Test-Suite/level1/html/HTMLHeadingElement05
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: alignLink expected:<center> but was:<align>

18) http://www.w3.org/2001/DOM-Test-Suite/level1/html/HTMLHeadingElement06
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: alignLink expected:<left> but was:<align>

19) http://www.w3.org/2001/DOM-Test-Suite/level1/html/HTMLHtmlElement01
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: versionLink expected:<transitional 4.0> but was:<transitional xhtml 1.0>

20) http://www.w3.org/2001/DOM-Test-Suite/level1/html/HTMLInputElement01
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: defaultValueLink expected:<Password> but was:<>

21) http://www.w3.org/2001/DOM-Test-Suite/level1/html/HTMLInputElement02
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: defaultCheckedLink

22) http://www.w3.org/2001/DOM-Test-Suite/level1/html/HTMLOptionElement03
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: defaultSelectedLink

23) http://www.w3.org/2001/DOM-Test-Suite/level1/html/HTMLOptionElement08
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: selectedLink

24) http://www.w3.org/2001/DOM-Test-Suite/level1/html/HTMLSelectElement01
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: typeLink expected:<select-multiple> but was:<>

25) http://www.w3.org/2001/DOM-Test-Suite/level1/html/HTMLSelectElement04
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: valueLink expected:<EMP1> but was:<>

26) http://www.w3.org/2001/DOM-Test-Suite/level1/html/HTMLTableElement20
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: alignLink expected:<center> but was:<>

27) http://www.w3.org/2001/DOM-Test-Suite/level1/html/HTMLTableElement21
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: vsection1Id

28) http://www.w3.org/2001/DOM-Test-Suite/level1/html/HTMLTableElement23
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: alignLink expected:<center> but was:<>

29) http://www.w3.org/2001/DOM-Test-Suite/level1/html/HTMLTableElement24
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: vsection1Id

30) http://www.w3.org/2001/DOM-Test-Suite/level1/html/HTMLTableElement26
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: vsection1Id

31) http://www.w3.org/2001/DOM-Test-Suite/level1/html/HTMLTableElement27
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: vsection1Id

32) http://www.w3.org/2001/DOM-Test-Suite/level1/html/HTMLTableElement30
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: rowsLink3 expected:<2> but was:<1>

33) http://www.w3.org/2001/DOM-Test-Suite/level1/html/HTMLTableRowElement01
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: rowIndexLink expected:<1> but was:<2>

34) http://www.w3.org/2001/DOM-Test-Suite/level1/html/HTMLTextAreaElement01
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: defaultValueLink expected:<TEXTAREA2> but was:<>

35) http://www.w3.org/2001/DOM-Test-Suite/level1/html/HTMLTextAreaElement11
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: typeLink expected:<textarea> but was:<>

36) http://www.w3.org/2001/DOM-Test-Suite/level1/html/HTMLTextAreaElement12
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: valueLink expected:<TEXTAREA1> but was:<>

> I have not attempted to produce a test matrix for the L2 HTML tests to
> see what methods might not be covered.  However, a quick check shows
> that createHTMLDocument and contentDocument (the two methods added in L2
> HTML) have no tests written for them.

    I sent a message to the domts mailing list on May with a question about tests for contentDocument.
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-dom-ts/2002May/0013.html

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Rick Rivello