Re: Release preparations (was Re: createEntityReference issues)

From: Dimitris Dimitriadis <dimitris@ontologicon.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 21:15:26 +0100
Cc: "'www-dom-ts@w3.org'" <www-dom-ts@w3.org>
To: "Arnold, Curt" <Curt.Arnold@hyprotech.com>
comments inlined

I could try to produce a distributable for Level 1 Core by tomorrow in
order to raise issues, if necessary, but at least sanity check.

/Dimitris

On Monday, January 28, 2002, at 08:14 , Arnold, Curt wrote:

> I'm not going to be much help since my cable modem is down till
> Wednesday
> plus I'm prepping for a trip this week and will be on the road next
> week.
>
> I don't have any objections to relocated the patch files, however their
> location wouldn't have any impact on the distributables for a release.
> If
> someone is going to move them, they should update build.xml to point to
> the
> latest DOM 3 WD's at the same time.
>
> Some questions on the distributables for the release:
>
> 1. Do we provide separate distributables for Java and ECMAScript
> bindings?

[dd] Open issue, no personal preference. I'd think it's simpler to have
one distributable, but as I said, I have no personal preference.

> 2. Do we include:
>
> A) DOMTSML test source

[dd] I think we should.

> B) Doxygen generated documentation for Java tests

[dd] Open issue, people's views?

> C) Test matrix.  If so, would somebody like to pretty up the test matrix
> XSLT

[dd] I think we should, to give people an entry point to the DOM TS.
What is the XSLT in need of?

> 3. How do we handle the dependency of the JSUnit tests on the relative
> location of JSUnit?  I've thought it might be technically possible to
> eliminate that dependency, but I haven't spent serious time on it.

[dd] I haven't been able to look into this either.