Issues about the DOM TS brought up in the DOM WG Telcon

From: Dimitris Dimitriadis <dimitris@ontologicon.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 19:24:31 +0100
To: www-dom-ts@w3.org
 From the top of my head there are the following issues brought up by
Netscape representatives (they will send a message to this list after
having checked thouroughly):

1. Browser sniffing -- it seems that the sniffing is not elaborate
enough, makes Mozille, for example, run code with calls to an ActiveX
object.
2. Tests on default attributes require a validating parser, which is not
a requirement (for XML), for HTML default attributes need to be there.
The issue is then that the TS tests the XML appclication DOM, not the
browser DOM

And from IBM:
1. readonly issues, as indicated in a previous message
2. Ability to run single tests (in Java) instead of the entire suite. I
promised to come back with relevant info on how not to run entire suites
(this is the way we run it right now)