RE: Clarification in index.html

From: Manos Batsis <m.batsis@bsnet.gr>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 10:42:47 +0200
To: "Jason Brittsan" <jasonbri@microsoft.com>
Cc: <www-dom-ts@w3.org>

Good point, but what really concerns me is MSXML 4.0; to use it's
features, one must use a version specific ProgId:

var myDomObject = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.DOMDocument.4.0");

The use of a version independent ProgId calls MSXML3.0 or lower
depending what's in the machine:

var myDomObject = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.DOMDocument");

Does the TS handle this?

BTW, although L1 does not define a standard way to create document
objects, IE doesn't even follow the "good practice" of "createFoo"
factory methods. I hope IE will support this as below, instead of using
company_ name_Bla to load a document:

document.implementation.createDocument('','',null)

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-DOM-Level-1/level-one-core.html#ID-249F15BA

Kindest regards,

Manos