Re: My stab at a distribution

comments inlined

general remark: the ecmascript/tests folder is very strange, contains
files with truncated filenames (problem with file name length?), several
similar files, eg. documentinvalidcharacterexcepti,
documentinvalidcharacterexc.1, documentinvalidcharacterexc.2 and
documentinvalidcharacterexc.3

Problems during the build or file system related?

I'll run the dist target and create a distribution which I'll post at
the usual place.

Thanks for the rework, Curt.

/Dimitris

On Wednesday, February 13, 2002, at 09:52 , Curt Arnold wrote:

> I've made my (unofficial) stab at a distribution now temporarily
> at http://home.houston.rr.com/curta/dom1-core.tar.gz (2.5 MB)
>
> This was produced by the new "dom1-core-dist" target which will run
> most of the other targets, assemble a distribution in build/level1/core
> and then tar gzip and zip that image into the dist directory.
>
> Things that had previously been build into the dist directory (such as
> dom1-core.jar, junit-run.jar) are now built into build directory.
>
> The archive contains a patched version of JSUnit.  The patches are in
> the patches directory and automatically applied during the build
> process.

[dd] OK, but we still don't want to release before having the patches
built into a release of JsUnit?

> The test matrix now has links to both the XML source and Doxygen
> documentation for each test since Mozilla doesn't display raw XML in a
> pleasing manner.

[dd] Several of the links to the Java source didn't work.

> index.htm is now stored in docs/level1/core in the CVS (it is copied
> into the build directory as part of dom1-core-dist).  It has been
> substantially modified and now I hope it is clearer to read.  I'm sure
> that I didn't properly trademark some software product names, so if
> someone else could do the niceities.

[dd] I'll rework it