RE: getElementsByTagName() in Mozilla HTML implementation

From: Manos Batsis <m.batsis@bsnet.gr>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 14:17:55 +0200
To: "Curt Arnold" <curta_ontheroad@yahoo.com>
Cc: <www-dom-ts@w3.org>

> From: Manos Batsis
>
> > From: Curt Arnold [mailto:curta_ontheroad@yahoo.com]

> > It would be good to confirm that the DOM spec does
> > require case-insensitive behavior from
> > getElementsByTagName and whether the issue can be
> > fixed in Mozilla in a timely manner.
>
> Mozilla behaves correctly. See [1] section 4.2.
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/#diffs

Maybe not, [1] says "element type names exposed through a property are
in uppercase", but what really confuses me is [2].
Before reading the above, I was naive enough to think that a doctype
declaration would be enough to define DOM behaviour....

If I understand correctly you are talking about HTML, not XHTML. So I
guess [1] is correct in this case.

[1]
http://www.w3.org/TR/1998/REC-DOM-Level-1-19981001/level-one-html.html#I
D-822762427