Re: Bug in DOMTSL1Core-20020213.tar.gz?

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to run the DOM-TS-Level1-Core testsuite in Konqueror
> (KDE's web browser, which I help developing).

Welcome.  I've made a few halfhearted vain attempts to run the test suites
in Konqueror 3.0, but haven't been successful.  It would be great to have
some inside help to figure out our stumbling block.

> The first problem I'm hitting is that the TOC-generation in
> index.htm doesn't work, because the document has an XHTML doctype
> (and uses accordingly lowercase tag names, like <div> and <h2>),
>  but the Javascript code (in resources/toc.js) calls
> getElementsByTagName("DIV")
> getElementsByTagName("H2")
> etc. (using uppercase tag names)
>
> Due to the XHTML declaration, Konqueror looks for lowercase tag names,
> and doesn't understand what the uppercase DIV and H2 tags are about.
> Is that a Konqueror bug, or is that behaviour correct (and toc.js wrong) ?

Sad to say, I don't have any recollection of ever seeing toc.js, but the CVS
log says that I committed it.  I would agree with your assessment, the
getElementByTagName() arguments should be lowercase.  I'll change them in
the CVS tonight.

The first step is to enable (or at least ensure) the JsUnit test harness
runs on Konqueror.   Currently, I'm at an impass with the maintainer of
JsUnit and am using a branched version.  Probably the best approach is to
get the CVS code of JsUnit from http://jsunit.sf.net, make any changes
necessary to run the self-tests on Konqueror, and then submit those code
changes to the JsUnit mailing list.  Then I can make the same changes on our
branch.

Then you should assemble the tools to build the test suite from the CVS
code, http://www.w3.org/DOM/Test/Documents/DOMTSBuild.html.

I'll follow up later.