Re: jsUnit and the DOM TS

From: Robert Clary <bclary@netscape.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 17:56:18 -0400
To: "Arnold Curt" <Curt.Arnold@hyprotech.com>
CC: "'www-dom-ts@w3.org'" <www-dom-ts@w3.org>

Arnold, Curt wrote:
> Have you given any thoughts on loading SVG or MathML documents?
>
> In the current stuff, if you load a test suite (or individual test) that
> specifies a content type of "image/svg+xml" then SVG versions of the test
> documents (staff.svg, etc) are loaded by an "appropriate" SVG implementation
> and its DOM implementation is tested.  I was primarily using this to test
> the Adobe SVG control under IE.
>
> I guess the same thing would apply to testing MathML implementations, but
> haven't done any work with them.

Not as you describe. What you are describing is a type of content
negotiation by content type. I have been looking at the document loading
issue as one where you specified the exact document you wished to test.

I believe this will probably fall under the idea you had regarding
specifying the test configuration, but I have not had time to look into
that in more detail.

/bc