Re: Status check

According to http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-dom-
ts/2002Apr/0014.html (inlined) that I sent a couple of weeks ago, we're
working on 1 and 3, and need to continue with 2. Also, as Jeroen
indicates, we'd have to produce a level 3 transform before X-Hive can
start converting tests.

---
All,

In order to be able to release the full level 1 DOM TS, we need to look
into the following issues:

1. Framework. A contact has been made between Bob and Edward on the
JsUnit framework. People from this list have volounteered to help in the
effort, so please feel free to tell us what you need help with.
[dd] Work is undergoing, I need to report on running on IE/NS(mozilla)
for Mac

2. HTML tests. We still need to sanitycheck the HTML tests, both the
transcribed NIST ones and the submitted ones from Netscape. Has aynoen
built/run those?
[dd] This is what we need to concentrate on

3. Grant of license wording. Philippe, do you have the final woringd yet?
[dd] Work underway, we can still release the full level 1 suite without
solving this, but we need to look into it for tests that are to be
submitted from now on.

[...]
---

Other things: I have personally heard nothing on using the DOM TS in IE
for Mac and have had no follow up from the Microsoft representative I
spoke to during the W3C Tech Plenary.

Also, if possible, could someone run the level 2 TS in IE on Windows and
report the results to me? I need to report back to the DOM IG list on
results and would prefer having the results from a clean Windows
environment test reather than doing it in my Windows emulation
environment.

Further comments inlined

/Dimitris

On Monday, April 22, 2002, at 07:54 , Arnold, Curt wrote:

> Things have been pretty quiet here the last few weeks.  I know that I
> have
> been preoccupied with completing taxes and other fun stuff.  Could we
> have a
> quick poll on everyone's activities?  I'm particular interested in the
> status of ASLS tests and HTML-compatible versions of the core tests.
>
> I'm currently migrating the xmlconf event tests over to DOMTSML.
> Getting
> the events tests working is a good preliminary for the load/save tests
> which
> will have to deal with the same type of issues.  Hopefully, will be
> able to
> commit some stuff in the next few days.
>
> I've not been following the JSUnit enhancements.  It would be really
> stellar, if selecting a test in the test runner page could display a
> test
> specific configuration dialog in a frame or other window.  That would
> provide an opportunity to configure the test by selecting the processor
> use, whether to validate, etc.

[dd] this would be in line with what many have stated they want for the
ECMA TS. However, you yourself indicated that this could grow out of
proportion if we were to do the same thing for Java in
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-dom-ts/2002Apr/0006.html. We may
need to strike a fair tradeoff somewhere.