Re: HTML L2 Tests

From: Curt Arnold <carnold@houston.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 10:04:43 -0600
To: <www-dom-ts@w3.org>
I assume the script in HTMLAnchorElement01 got stripped by some email virus checker.  nn62html2.html was empty, executing context menu Save As in the "Show All" window writes an empty file, nn62html.txt in the attached zip should have the content as I had intended.  If the zip gets mangled in the email attachment, it is also available at http://home.houston.rr.com/curta/l2.ZIP

One of the more common test failures with NN 6.2's XML implementation is due to a strange capitalization of enumeration values.  For example, HTMLElement.dir will return "Ltr" or "Rtl" which is neither the content of the source document ("ltr"), nor the value in the XHTML DTD ("ltr"), nor the value in the HTML spec ("LTR").  IE's HTML implementation will force the result down to "ltr" regardless of capitalization in the source file which conforms to Section 1.6.1 of the HTML DOM L2 working draft.