Re: jsUnit, Cross Browser Support, Asynchronous Data

Edward Hieatt wrote:
> Thank you very much for your email.  I will certainly be integrating your
> changes into JsUnit.  If you like, I will work with you on the additional,
> as yet not done, improvements that you list.

I would like that very much. Thank you.

> Concerning your point about perhaps using an array to list the test function
> names instead of attempting to inspect the document: in fact that is how it
> used to work until I found ways in all the browsers currently supported to
> "reflect" against the Test Page.  It should be quite easy to add that
> mechanism back in, ideally alongside the current one.  For example, if the
> function "getTestFunctionNames()" existed, we would use that, and otherwise
> use the existing way.

That sounds like a good approach.

If the changes I have already made seem reasonable to you so far, I will
  start work on adding some of the other changes I mentioned.

I think 'batching' these ideas up along with obtaining more feedback
from people with alternative browsers will be very helpful in producing
a next release for jsUnit which supports the maximum range of browsers.

Bob