Re: Using fundamental/extended as an organization principle (was isSupported12)

From: Curt Arnold <carnold@houston.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 13:28:35 -0500
To: <www-dom-ts@w3.org>
From: "Mary Brady" wrote:
> Yes, but I know that I haven't added this to any tests -- have you?

No.

The segregation could also be accomplished by suite membership.

You could intentionally run an XML based test or test suite at a HTML DOM
implementation.  If there weren't guards checking if hasFeature("XML") all
the tests would fail, but that isn't a horrifically bad thing.

The downside of putting a guard on every test in is that an implementation
could "pass" an automated test suite by returning hasFeature("XML") false.

I think that there are plenty of opportunities to figure out the to approach
when we get to the HTML tests.