RE: DOM L2 Tests Committed

From: Mary Brady [mailto:mbrady@nist.gov] wrote:
>The DOM L2 tests have been committed.  I did not add the
>three files previously mentioned, so the older version of these
>should still be there.

The three files were "DOM Level 1" tests that actually dependent on DOM Level 2 features.  If they are redundant with a newly committed test, I'll remove them, otherwise I'll change (actually remove
and add) their names to fit in with the newly committed tests.

>There is a new file, staffNS.xml, and probably some supporting
>files -- do we want these in files/level2, and should be provide
>copies of the staff.xml that is in files/level1 here as well?

If DOM Level 2 tests refer to "staff.xml" et al, then there should be copies in files/level2.

>assert id's need to be changed to something useful

Increases usability, but isn't essential.

> suspect problems with processing firstChild elements -- upon
>  further investigation -- this actually worked with a previous
>  version of the support files -- not sure which, though -- but I
>  would suspect previous mod's to account for firstChild

Will track this one down tonight

> The import tests have some errors -- there are too many assert's
> which I believe should be part of a large if statement -- will
> investigate further.

I'll look over them too.  I saw a few things in DOM Level 3 that will require some extensions to DOMTSML (specifically the NOT_IMPLEMENTED_ERR stuff, there is not a construct tests whether you threw a
particular exception code or fulfilled a set of assertions).  Possibly the import tests will suggest some other enhancements, however the idea is to keep the language as small as possible to do the
necessary tests.