exceptions in DOM

From: Jan-Arve Saether <jana@birdstep.org>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 14:36:34 +0200
To: www-dom-ts@w3.org
I have sent this to www-dom@w3.org for a couple of days ago,
but I did not really get an answer that I was satisfied with:

<copy>
What exception should be raised if you for instance call
Comment::replaceChild or Comment::insertBefore (probably not only these).

Should my implementation raise HIERARCHY_REQUEST_ERR or NOT_FOUND_ERR?

I guess it is NOT_FOUND_ERR (?) (Since a comment can't have children)

I can't find anything about this issue in the specification...
</copy>

Perhaps the exceptions that are listed in the spec should have been
listed in a prioritized order?

Best regards
Jan-Arve Sæther