Missing important tests ?

From: Jan-Arve Saether <jana@birdstep.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 13:15:31 +0200
To: "'www-dom-ts@w3.org'" <www-dom-ts@w3.org>
After a brief look at the tests, I am still missing some important
tests (I am not sure how many new tests have been added since the NIST
tests)

I am missing tests that actually test *all* functions on an interface,
including testing methods on interfaces that was inherited, even if they
make no sense.

(For example, Text::getChildNodes should return a NodeList with no nodes.
The same goes for ProcessingInstruction::getFirstChild etc. The list goes
on.)

What we have done where I am working is to test absolutely all functions
on one interface, and then test if the method behaves as expected.
(E.g test if Text::getFirstChild returns NULL etc.)

I consider a conformance test to be incomplete if such tests are not
included.

Are somebody working on this issue?

Best regards
Jan-Arve Sæther