Re: [General] Review period

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dimitris Dimitriadis" <dimitris@ontologicon.com>
To: "<Www-Dom-Ts@W3.Org>" <www-dom-ts@w3.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2001 12:51 PM
Subject: [General] Review period

> Sorry for having been absent for a while.
>
> When could we be safe in assuming the review period to have ended? I
> personally fell that we should start tying things up in order to have a
> release soon, especially as so much work on level 2 things is going on.
> I propose that we all, including the editors and members of the DOM WG,
> look at the tests for one more week and then proceed to evaluating
> correctness and so forth before packaging.
>
> We have still to resolve, as a common action item, the question of the
> simplistic harness to run generated tests online, which would be
> different than using any of the xUnit frameworks as is being done now.
> This was a wish from the DOM WG and I think it would be good to have
> something runnable on the DOM/Test area.

[mb]  Is this wish for just the ECMAScript tests, or for all bindings?

> As far as my action items are concerned, I still have to produce and
> updated documentation, as well as incorporate information about what
> tests we need on teh main page; this is particularly relevant for level
> 2 and onwards since level 1 has been fairly complete from the start.

[mb] Maybe the test matrix will do this -- I have not generated the one
included within build.xml, but I suspect that it will point to holes in
the test suite.  I'll generate it and see what it looks like.

> We also have an issue with transforming Junit tests to our DOM TS. Has
> anyoone looked into this? It would probably be a solution along the
> lines of Java2XML. Is it doable? Desirable? (The question originates
> from a comapny that has tests and wants to know if it is worth the
> effort to transform theses tests).

[mb] I have not looked into this, but I would think that it would require a
transformation from whatever Java2XML produced into the DOM TSML.
From our experience in authoring tests in the DOM TSML, I would suspect
that there will be problems with language constructs that we do not
currently
support, such as the more recent discussions involving the Java String
methods.

--Mary