From: Joseph_Kesselman@lotus.com [mailto:Joseph_Kesselman@lotus.com]
Sent: Friday, November 30, 2001 11:31 AM
To: general@xml.apache.org; announcements@xml.apache.org;
xalan-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Xalan-J 2.2.D14 released

We have just posted Xalan-Java version 2.2.D14 (a Developer's release) to
xml.apache.org.

This includes a significant improvement to the DTM system which should
remove our past limitations on number of documents and/or document size, by
allowing a DTM to "overflow" from one DTMID to another. It also includes a
few critical bugfixes in other areas.

Executables, documentation, and samples are now packaged separately from the
source files and testcases. Download and unpack whichever you need from
http://xml.apache.org/dist/xalan-j/.

     Binaries (user's package):
        xalan-j_2_2_D13-bin.tar.gz
        xalan-j_2_2_D13-bin.zip

     Source (developer's package):
        xalan-j_2_2_D13-src.tar.gz
        xalan-j_2_2_D13-src.zip

The sources are tagged in cvs as 'xalan-j_2_2_D14'.

D14 is our candidate for release as the production version of Xalan-Java
2.2, currently expected around December 17th. Please test it thoroughly, and
post any problems you discover into Bugzilla. Many thanks to everyone who
has been helping us with pre-production-release testing!

(Note that for 2.2 we aren't yet overly concerned with Xerces2
compatability, though that ought to work. We're planning to officially nail
that down shortly after the next Xerces release cycle and release Xalan-Java
2.3 around January 14th.)