Re: Build notes

comments inlined

On Thursday, November 29, 2001, at 06:13  PM, Curt Arnold wrote:

> The need for SED and Patch might be eliminated in the forthcoming Ant
> 1.5.  There is a regexp replacement task that might be able to do what
> we are doing with SED and Patch.
>
> I believe the Ant 1.4 optional.jar needs to be downloaded (and renamed)?

[dd] right, I forgot. Thanks.

> The discussion on removing Crimson and replacing with Xalan-J might be
> prefaced with an explanation that the transforms have been observed to
> break various XSLT processors and the following combination works well.

[dd] Will do.

> URL's should be provided for Ant, Xalan.  A URL for a Windows version
> of SED should be provided.

[dd] I'm using a Unix variant, so I have no idea where to find the
Windows version (Mac OS X have them already). Do you have a relevant
pointer?

> xerces and xalan do not need to be on the path or classpath to build.
>
> Should mention the junit-run task that will download JUnit and build an
> adapter.
>

> dom1-core-gen-jsunit should be mentioned instead of
> dom1-core-gen-ecmascript.  gen-jsunit generates tests that can be used
> from JSUnit, gen-ecmascript generates the raw .js files but there isn't
> a framework to run them from.  The generated .js files might be useful
> from a Javascript compiler, but we haven't done any work on that.

[dd] Correct, I omitted the -gen-jsunit thinking that people may just
want to look at the .js files. They will obviously want to run them as
well.

> Doxygen will NOT be downloaded by Ant (unless there has been a change
> that I missed).  If you want to build the Doxygen documentation of the
> Java tests, you need to download Doxygen and place it on your path.

[dd]  I was actually under the impression that it did. OK, I'll check an
update the document as necessary.