W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-dom-ts@w3.org > May 2001

SV: Bad DTD conversion

From: Dimitris Dimitriadis <dimitris.dimitriadis@improve.se>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 11:40:52 +0200
Message-ID: <9F67DC27F4CCD311ABA600508B6A66A44A65E1@VXOIMP1>
To: "'Curt Arnold'" <carnold@houston.rr.com>, www-dom-ts@w3.org
Takng over now while Curt is asleep.
 
I've also run into problems with two editors I use, XML Spy and XML
Authority, that don't have a uniform way of expanding substitution groups
(either in schema form or as etnities in DTD), which of course leads to the
only serious alternative: text editor.
 
In any case, allow a few hours for me to look into extended Core interfaces
as well as DOM HTML. I'll post an update to Mary's original DTD so we can
have something to discuss on tomorrows telcon together with Curt's schema.
Then we should, indeed, start producing some instance documents and
stylesheets.
 
/Dimtiris

-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
Från: Curt Arnold [mailto:carnold@houston.rr.com]
Skickat: den 28 maj 2001 07:32
Till: www-dom-ts@w3.org
Ämne: Bad DTD conversion


I've just realized that the tool that I was using to generate DTD from XML
Schema is not expanding substitution groups, basically meaning that the
DTD's I provided don't allow DOM properties or methods to appear within
tests or assertions.
 
The property and method elements in the DTD are fine.  Tests, if, asserts,
and for-each's are missing the meat of their content models.
 
I have updated the three sample tests from my previous sample.xml,
http://home.houston.rr.com/curta/domtest/parentNodeNull.xml
<http://home.houston.rr.com/curta/domtest/parentNodeNull.xml>  ,
http://home.houston.rr.com/curta/domtest/nodeListTraverseList.xml
<http://home.houston.rr.com/curta/domtest/nodeListTraverseList.xml>  and
http://home.houston.rr.com/curta/domtest/characterDataIndexSizeSubstringNega
tiveOffset.xml
<http://home.houston.rr.com/curta/domtest/characterDataIndexSizeSubstringNeg
ativeOffset.xml> 
 
Received on Monday, 28 May 2001 05:41:24 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:34:02 UTC