  From: Jeroen van Rotterdam
  To: www-dom-ts@w3.org
  Sent: Saturday, May 26, 2001 10:54 AM
  Subject: TS question

  Hi,

  Just back from Berlin, trying to catch up with the TS.
  After a quick read I understand that we are moving into a direction where interface methods are defined as Elements within the TS dtd.
  After a series of method calls a set of assertions are issued.

  With the limited knowledge I've got now from the DTD I'm trying to image how a test for a DOM L3 LS call would look like.

  example:

  void       writeNode(in DOMOutputStream destination, in Node node) raises(DOMSystemException);

  Would probably something like <DOMWriter.writeNode var="........

  One of the options for this DOM L3 call is Namespace fixup:

  true: Check namespace declarations and prefixes for consistency, and fix them in the serialized data if they are inconsistent.
  false: Perform no special checks on name space declarations, prefixes or URIs.
  default: true;
  supported values: true: required; false: required.

  It seems to me that it could be difficult to check the result of this method by a set of asserts.
  Do you think it would be doable to test these kind of methods ?

  Regards,

  Jeroen