Re: [Xmlconf-developer] Updated domtest.xsd and simple attr.xml

From: David Brownell <david-b@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 11:40:35 -0700
To: Dimitris Dimitriadis <dimitris.dimitriadis@improve.se>, "'Curt Arnold'" <carnold@houston.rr.com>, xmlconf-developer@lists.sourceforge.net, www-dom-ts@w3.org
>    This would keep
> the metadata in a distinct file from the test in a format that was
> compatible with RDF and provides both a DTD and an attempt at an XML schema
> for the metadata.  One of the advantages of keeping the metadata distinct
> from the test definitions is that it is then easy to add additional
> description, notes, translations, without modifying the test definitions.

I think it's good to keep the test cases and the metadata (what's tested,
is it a positive test, negative, xref to spec, etc) distinct.  Among other
things, the test cases shouldn't really change when interpretations get
updated ... and since DOM hasn't really had a test suite before, then
it seems likely to me that interpretations will be in flux for some time.

- Dave