Auto-reply: Re: DOM verifier??

Forwarded message 1

  • From: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 11:28:56 -0500
  • Subject: Re: DOM verifier??
  • To: firespring <firespring@nfx.net>
  • Cc: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>, www-dom-ts@w3.org
firespring wrote:

> This is probably off-topic for this list, but I wonder if anyone knows
> of any "verifier" that will check a document's compliance with the
> Document Object Model? Some documents that I am playing with are
> fully CSS, HTML, and XHTML compliant, but I believe they are falling
> down on DOM compliance and I'm looking to figure out how.

You'll find some of the DOM Test Suites here:
http://dmoz.org/Computers/Programming/Languages/JavaScript/W3C_DOM/Test_Suites/

FYI, the W3C and NIST are now working together to improve the situation. [1].

> Alternatively, is there some reference (similar to Eric's reference
> on browser compliance with CSS) that describes how well each browser
> version has implemented DOM?

As far as I remember, this is no such document.

Philippe

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-dom-ts/2001Mar/