RE: [General] domconftest now a project at SourceForge

Arnold, Curt writes:
 > I would think that most of these would be generated, like the
 > schemas and the generated source code, and would not appear in the
 > CVS.

  I'm not sure how the documentation could be generated, but we can
add it at an appropriate time if needed.

 > I did have ecmascript is my tree, but it was less noticable since
 > it didn't have, and didn't need, the deep hierarchy that the java
 > node did.  I guess it should have been capitalized differently.

  OK, I see it now; no need to capitalize it differently.  I should
have been less hasty.

 > I would expect eventually there would be CLR, Python, and other
 > siblings to the java and ecmascript directories.

  Sounds good; these don't actually need to be added until there is
content for them.

 > Will probably have a better idea on what it needed to adapt the
 > generic tests to specific frameworks once we have built the generic
 > tests.  I was trying to represent these by the adapters project.
 > However, wouldn't actually try to create that part of the tree
 > until we had something to put in there.

  Agreed.  We just need a basic idea of where they should go.  It's
not entirely clear to me that there must be both "generic" and
"framework-based" tests.  For Python, it's certainly not clear that we
need both, since PyUnit became part of Python's standard library as of
Python 2.1 (released last April); it can simply be supplied for older
versions of Python, or we can recommend that it be installed first,
with a link to the PyUnit site.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>