Re: SV: Minutes in brief and action items

From: Fred L. Drake, Jr. <fdrake@acm.org>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 15:46:09 -0400 (EDT)
To: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
Cc: www-dom-ts@w3.org

Philippe Le Hegaret writes:
 > Since HTML tidy was accepted recently on SourceForge [1], I believe it is
 > possible to use SourceForge.

  This is good news.  Given that using SF means that there's no need
for the W3C to allocation additional resources to setting up issue
trackers or other services, or spend time configuring them, I'll
suggest that using SF is inherantly better than inventing everything
all over again.  For Python, we've had a very good experience using
SF, and strongly encourage use of their facilities.  They may not be
perfect, but they sure seem to handle it well and are actively
improving the service.

 > As far as the W3C knows, we are fully compatible with the OSI
 > approved licenses.  We requested in the past the approval but never
 > got any response from them [2].

  Sigh.  Ok, I'll fire off one email to someone I know...

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>
PythonLabs at Digital Creations