Re: SV: [Bugtracking] Scope of domconftest

Dimitris Dimitriadis wrote:
> OK.  Would you expect big contributions (like the initial NIST load)
> to be provided as a .zip or .tar.gz file with many test entries.
>
> [dd] True, this is a problem.

.zip or .tar.gz will be acceptable. You don't even need to be subscribe to
the list to get them:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-dom-ts-submission/2001Jun/

Hum, we already have a spam in the mailing list. I'm probably going to switch
to moderator mode...

> > 3. Tests that are not ready to form part of a suite and need work, are
> > checked into the SF CVS and we work on them in the domconftest project
>
> I think it would be rare that more than one person would be
> try to collaborate on improving one test.  If the W3C CVS is the test
> repository, having a secondary repository is distracting.
>
> [dd] given the degree to which we've debated issues at this list, I don't
> agree on your first sentence :) Second, yes it is distractign and we should
> solve this which is why we're discussing it. What do others think?

IMHO, tests should be put in the CVS repository. The CVS repository is not
intended to provide the official test suite. Using CVS tags, it should be
possible to extract only "good" tests.

> If someone wants to improve or fix a test, they can
> checkout the W3C CVS, work on their local copy, and email the diff
> make to the submissions list and then Dimitris can update the W3C CVS
> with the patch.  (Assuming Dimitris is the only one with commit
> access to the W3C CVS).
>
> [dd] Currently yes, but given Philippe's latest mail not necessarily.

Read access is public so anyone can checkout and work on their local copy.

Philippe