Re: [General] DOM Level 1 HTML tests

From: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 13:12:29 -0500
To: Dimitris Dimitriadis <dimitris@ontologicon.com>
Cc: www-dom-ts@w3.org
Dimitris Dimitriadis wrote:

> On reviewing the TS, Philippe noticed that we do not have any DOM L1
> HTML tests. Does anyone have any tests to submit? I think we should we
> try to allocate some resources on this and hold the L2 tests for a while.

To be precise: the current DOM Level 1 Core test suite only tests the DOM
XML implementation in Mozilla and IE. It doesn't test their DOM HTML
implementation. Curt tested the DOM SVG implementation of Adobe/Batik
against the DOM Level 1 Core Test Suite. We should be able to do the
same to test the DOM HTML implementation. After all, a DOM HTML implementation
must support the Core at the same time.