Ant and Xalan

From: Joseph Kesselman <keshlam@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 14:09:37 -0500
To: www-dom-ts@w3.org
I've been having some firewall problems accessing the CVS server, but
Dimitris has promised to send me a zip or tar of the current DOM-TS package
and we'll investigate the Xalan issues.

I was speaking with Shane Curcuru, who maintains our own Ant scripts, and
if I understood him correctly there may be some moderately ugly issues
regarding Ant's classpaths. If you're trying to use Ant's built-in XSLT
support it may not be finding the instances of Xalan and Xerces you
intended it to. I believe our regression-test Ant scripts invoke Xalan
explicitly as a workaound for that problem.

When I get a copy of the tests, I'll forward 'em to Shane for his
comments/advice.

Joe Kesselman  / IBM Research