From: "Arnold, Curt" <Curt.Arnold@hyprotech.com>
To: <www-dom-ts@w3.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2001 2:59 PM
Subject: RE: SURVEY: Test case naming / Now VOTE

> > From: Joseph Kesselman [mailto:keshlam@us.ibm.com]
> > Restatement: It could be dangerous to _rely_ on
> > mixed case _file_ names.
> > If we're willing to accept that the test name may
> > not be case-identical to the filename, and can design
> > the tools to cope(*) with that...
>

> I was thinking of the case where the tests were in the CVS repository with
MixedCaseNames and were coerced to lowercase within NIST resulting in
intended modifications never committed or tests
> differing only by capitalization got into the repository.
>
> Having the filenames and the case names out of synch even by case would
complicate the build since the Ant <style> task would create .java files
with the same capitalization as the test and if the
> /test/@name was not consistent the javac step would fail.
>
> If the NIST infrastructure is prone to force file names to lower case, it
just seems more expedient to preempt it.  I prefer not to cope, but we won't
get into that.

> After the little " " directory debacle and previous capitalization
nightmares with CVS, I'm just a little paranoid.