From: "Arnold, Curt" <Curt.Arnold@hyprotech.com>
To: <www-dom-ts@w3.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2001 4:26 PM
Subject: SURVEY: Test case naming

> I'd like to take a survey on renaming the test cases currently in the
repository.  Anything other than A, E or G would probably require
intervention by someone well versed in CVS and with file system
> access.
>
> The NIST submitted Level 1 test cases are currently in the repository with
all lower case names that provide a summary of the tests (for example,
textsplittextnomodificationallowederr.xml).  Should
> we:
>
> A) Do nothing
> B) Rename the repository files to MixedCaseNames.xml preserving their
current history.
> C) Rename the repository files to camelCaseNames.xml preserving their
current history.
> D) Rename them to InterfaceNameDD (for example, Node01.xml) preserving
their current history.
> E) Rename them to InterfaceNameDD by committing new files and deleting the
current files hiding the revision history since Sunday.
> F) Rename them to InterfaceName_FeatureDD (for example,
Node_nodeValue01.xml) preserving their current history.
> G) Rename them to InterfaceName_FeatureDD by committing new files and
deleting the current files hiding the revision history.

> If we want to do anything, we should do it now before the tests get out.
>
> Again, Vote +1 for something that you would prefer, +0 for something that
you'd go along with, -0 for something that you'd prefer didn't happen but
would tolerate, and -1 for something that you are
> against.
>
> Any other options?
>
> My votes:
>
> A) +0
> B) +0
> C) -0
> D) +0
> E) +0
> F) +0.5
> G) +0.5
>
> Reasoning: Okay, I didn't follow the rules, I'm only half-hearted on this.
I think that the shorter names would be more pleasing on test matrixes and
other reports.