SV: Something strange in the CVS [Probably need CVS admin help]

From: Dimitris Dimitriadis <dimitris.dimitriadis@improve.se>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 16:35:19 +0200
To: www-dom-ts@w3.org
Cc: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
comments inlined

[..]

Actually with some more investigation, it seems that

cvs checkout 2001/DOM-Test-Suite/tests
cvs checkout 2001/DOM-Test-Suite/java
cvs checkout 2001/DOM-Test-Suite/transforms

all work fine (and that if you combine that with the checkout
2001/DOM-Test-Suite you get the full project).  You can actually commit
changes as long as your working directory is deeper that DOM-Test-Suite.

Looking at that level in CVS web
(http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2001/DOM-Test-Suite/) there is a mysterious entry
for a / (unnamed)directory.  Don't know how that got there, but could see
how it could confuse a CVS client.  The checkout on Linux also had an
unnamed directory.

Mary and Dimitris, see if these tricks allow you to access with CVS.

[dd] I finally managed to solve the authentication issue (I've no idea
what's the bigger curse: using a particular OS/software combination, or
using a computer to begin with), and tested by checking out transforms and
files. Seems to work OK, but I haven't commited anything yet, so I have no
idea what will happen then.

[...]