SV: SURVEY: Test case naming

From: Dimitris Dimitriadis <dimitris.dimitriadis@improve.se>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 13:21:01 +0200
To: "'www-dom-ts@w3.org'" <www-dom-ts@w3.org>
My vote:

A) -0
B) 0
C) +0.5
D) -0
E) 0
F) +0.5
G) +1

-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
Från: Arnold, Curt [mailto:Curt.Arnold@hyprotech.com]
Skickat: den 22 augusti 2001 00:38
Till: 'www-dom-ts@w3.org'
Ämne: RE: SURVEY: Test case naming

> I do think shorter names would be good. I'd prefer a
> compromise between short and mnemonic but I'm slightly
> concerned that F/G might start to become rather verbose again
> ("Element_getAttributesByTagName27" is exactly 32 characters.)

Good point.

> I'm not really concerned about preserving the history right
> now, since there isn't much history yet to be preserved...

[dd] Also a good point.

> I haven't looked at the testcase DTD recently, so this may be
> a dumb question -- Does it allow sufficiently structured
> internal documentation to build an index of the testcases
> sorted by interface, feature, and brief description? If not,
> should it?

It does.  A test or suite contain a <metadata> element that contains
elements patterned after Dublin Core.   Each test should contain several
<subject resource="uri"/> which points to specific
passages in the spec.  Transforms/subjects.xsl will produce a list of
canonical URL's for a particular spec.