Re: SV: [Submission] First run of NIST tests sent to the www-dom-ts-submission list

From: Joseph Kesselman <keshlam@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 10:58:49 -0400
To: www-dom-ts@w3.org

>I think it's a problem with the software I'm using,
>WinCVS. Does anyone have any experience with that?

For what it's worth: There's a known failure mode on some machines, which
nobody seems to understand in detal, that will cause WinCVS to freeze in
some operations, usually on the first diff. The simplest workaround is to
open a second WinCVS session and issue a trivial operation -- logging on is
my usual solution -- which apparently shakes loose whatever handshaking
glitch has occurred.

May not be the same problem you're having, but it's worth trying.

Joe Kesselman  / IBM Research