Test submissions (was:SV: Vote recap)

comment inlined

-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
Från: Mary Brady [mailto:mbrady@nist.gov]
Skickat: den 14 augusti 2001 18:34
Till: Arnold, Curt; www-dom-ts@w3.org
Ämne: Re: Vote recap

I think my preference is to go with Fred,
with a /files subdirectory.  I don't have a
strong preference  -- I just prefer leaving
the file extensions as they are -- I just don't
like a .domtest extension if it really is .xml
inside.

[dd] This seems to have been resolved given Curt's latest mail.

We need to resolve the metadata issue.  There has
been some discussion, but I don't recall resolution.
Basic changes have been made to all the files to
accomodate namespace, etc -- the files have not
been compiled (Curt, your directions don't work
on my win 2000 system, and I haven't figured out
what's wrong yet), so I am sure that there are some
problems with strings not quoted, or possibly a
variable not declared, etc.  We just need to slap
the metadata info around the code and I'll be happy
to put them into CVS.

I wouldn't pull from the test matrix, as the files are
out of date.  If someone could just propose the
metadata file, I can tweak a previous transformation,
and put the appropriate info in the test files -- my CVS
public key doesn't seem to allow access to the repository
yet, but I'd be happy enough to make a distribution available
and have someone else put them in.

[dd] another way of submitting the tests would be to send them to the
www-dom-ts-submission mailing list, then they can be stripped down and
commited.

--Mary