embedding checkin logs in test files

From: Fred L. Drake, Jr. <fdrake@acm.org>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 07:47:22 -0400 (EDT)
To: Dimitris Dimitriadis <dimitris.dimitriadis@improve.se>
Cc: "'Arnold, Curt'" <Curt.Arnold@hyprotech.com>, "'www-dom-ts@w3.org'" <www-dom-ts@w3.org>

Dimitris Dimitriadis writes:
 > [dd] Do we solce this if we wrap it in a CDATA section like Fred indicated?

  Using CDATA changes the details of the restriction, but there's
still a restriction:  we can't use ]]> in the checkin comments.  Since
that's a restriction less likely to be violated, we can probably live
with it.
  It's also possible to write a tool to scan the CVS logs to detect
violations in the comments, and correct them (or tell a human to do
so).  It probably makes the most sense to write that only if we
actually observe ourselves violating the requirement

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>
PythonLabs at Zope Corporation