RE: java2xml

From: Arnold, Curt <Curt.Arnold@hyprotech.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 09:53:33 -0600
To: "'www-dom-ts@w3.org'" <www-dom-ts@w3.org>
You might want to go back and read the thread that started with
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-dom-ts/2001Apr/0055.html
I gave the URL's for JavaML there.  Again that thread and the
followup discussion would be unaffected by the process used to
generate a language-independent representation from the JUnit
tests.  Reading the whole archive might be a good thing to do
since it will give you the big picture of what has been going on.

I've not used either tool.  JavaML is built by patching the Jikes
compiler to spit out an XML representation instead of byte code.
I'd guess that that would lose the JavaDoc comments in the process,
but I'm not sure of that.

Having the comments in the Java in XML intermediate file
would be extremely useful (since they contain metadata
about the tests) and the java2xml home
page does mention preserving the comments in the generated XML file.

Here are the links for JavaML:

JavaML:
http://www.cs.washington.edu/homes/gjb/JavaML

related article at IBM Developer works: http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/library/javaml/