From: Dimitris Dimitriadis [mailto:dimitris.dimitriadis@improve.se]
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2001 1:52 AM
To: 'www-dom-ts@w3.org'
Subject: SV: [General] Platform independance

> * The idea is that the test suite is platform independent. How do we
> provide tests for definitions, like the attribute collection? The
number
> of returned attributes is dependent on the DTD of the given platform.
Is
> there a min-bar, like the attribute collections exists or not to
> validate these kinds of tests?
> (DD to W3C WG)
> Can you forward a concrete example of this in the form of a test? [mb]
> I think this issue goes along with the last bullet under technical
> details.  Attaching a test case for the attributes collection:  In IE,
> this case will alert approximately 80 attributes because assign all
(or
> nearly all) attributes a default value of an empty string.  Netscape 6
> assigns no default attributes.  A min-bar would dictate a minimum set
of
> attributes that should be defined (either by default of by
declaration).
> [jb]

My initial reaction is as I stated elsewhere: if the spec expects a
certain
set of attributes, this is what the implementation should expose. I
suppose
the min-bar would be this set.

I've now posed the question to the DOM WG. We would like to see a more
concrete example of what you mean, in order to be able to reach an
answer.
Ambiguity in the spec, a test case, or more detailed desciption on what
you
would expect from a certin test case would do.

/Dimitris